[mythtv-users] MythStreamTV installing on FC4 - howto!?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 07:05:31 UTC 2006

> I am looking for some installation instructions on how to install
> MythStreamTV on an FC4. Something that compliments Jarod's
> instructions (which I followed to a T) would be ideal.
>
> I have searched the net but the plugins homepage reveals no
> instructions and the only guides I have found seem to require that it
> be compiled from source (which I wouldn't even know where to begin.)

Download the source so you get the INSTALL file with instructions.
Read the INSTALL file that comes with it. Mine's in the
mythstream-0.16_5 directory. If you have an rpm then you can ignore
steps 1-4 under the INSTALLATION section as they're all about
compiling from source.

Once you've installed it you may find that it's hard to get a set of
streams to play with it. There's probably a few on this list who can
help you with that if needs be.

This worked for me.

Regards,
Phill