[mythtv-users] DVD Burning

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Feb 10 02:39:28 UTC 2006

> I'm interesting in trying your script, but I'm a little
> confused about how to get started. I have my nuv or mpg file,
> do I send that as an argument when I call the script? It's
> looking for a vid and aud directory, where do those come from?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Oh yea, duh. I normally use avidemux2 to create a raw video file "vid" and a
soundtrack "aud". You could do the same thing by something like this:

mpeg2desc -a0 < $source_file_name > aud
mpeg2desc -v0 < $source_file_name > vid

but I prefer to use avidemux because I can trim and cut commercials before
writing the files. I find it easier and faster than using the cutlist and
nuvexport.

The new version of avidemux2 has changed the menus around a bit and its not
so easy to figure out how to export a raw video file. If you have problems I
will walk thru the steps and write it down as I go.