[mythtv-users] upgrade gone awry ivtv modules missing?

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Thu Feb 9 21:53:25 UTC 2006

Happy Happy Joy! withhold other joy until I get my second pvr-250 back.

I ran synaptic on another fc4 system and found a kernel and all the
driver that were the same version and used apt-get to down grade the
kernel.  All is almost happy.  This fixed the missing module issue.
But now I have a new problem.  One of my pvr-250 cards is missing
from ivtv boot messages  and lspci.  I guess it might have got zapped
when I had it out to install the new drive.  I powered it down for a
couple of minutes and its still not there.  Both cards have been
working for a couple of years.

Could a bad line in modprobe.conf line prevent it from being seen in /
sbin/lscpi

If I have to replace it, what should I replace it with?  another
pvr-250? pvr-150 or pvr-500?

What is a good card that can be used with comcast digital cable in
Pittsburgh, PA?  HD from cable would be really nice.

[root at localhost mythtv]# /sbin/lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AGP (different
version?) (rev a2)
00:00.1 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 1
(rev a2)
00:00.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 4
(rev a2)
00:00.3 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 3
(rev a2)
00:00.4 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 2
(rev a2)
00:00.5 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 5
(rev a2)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 ISA Bridge (rev a3)
00:01.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation nForce2 SMBus (MCP) (rev a2)
00:04.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Ethernet
Controller (rev a1)
00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce Audio
Processing Unit (rev a2)
00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AC97
Audio Controler (MCP) (rev a1)
00:08.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 External PCI Bridge
(rev a3)
00:09.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation nForce2 IDE (rev a2)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AGP (rev a2)
01:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 6200
(rev a1)
[root at localhost mythtv]#

Thanks,
Vinton