[mythtv-users] No backend on boot

Mike Harrison trapperofspam at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 17:43:49 UTC 2006

I don't have mysql5. I believe what is installed is mysql4.1

casey dunn <casey.dunn at gmail.com> wrote:  Check to see if mysql 5 is installed.  If so, that's the  problem.  You'll need to add the mysql5 fix to init.d then move  myth's init after the mysql5 fix.

The first part is easy:
  http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=666127&postcount=6

I don't know how to do the second, I'm manualy starting myth.

On 2/9/06, Tom Lichti   <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:  Mike Harrison wrote:
> I use mythtv on an Ubuntu (Breezy) machine.  I can not get
> mythbackend  to  start  at boot. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/virusmail/*http://mail.yahoo.com>
Well, a little more info would help. How are you trying to start it? As
what user? Are there any error messages?

Help us help you.

Tom