[mythtv-users] xmltv time zone problem

Tom Burt benefici at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 9 16:11:01 UTC 2006

I searched the archives and couldn't find a solution to my problem, which is a
bit complex so let's take it bit by bit.

1. I'm using tv_grab_uk_rt to download listings. It works, the contents of the
xml file look OK. I manually load the data into the database with
mythfilldatabase. The problem: mythfilldatabase seems to ignore both the time
zone information in the xml file and the setting "time offset for xmltv
listings". I prepared a real xml file to only contain the first <program>
entry and manually changed the start time and the corresponding time zone in
there. What I have as start time literally appears in the EPG, without taking
the time zone in the xml or the time offset setting into consideration. Is it
supposed to work this way?

2. If I get a solution to the first problem, the second one may also disappear
but until then here it is: I actually download three channels with
tv_grab_uk: BBC World, BBC1 and BBC2. In the xml file, BBC World has the time
zone set to CET, the other two to UTC. The data is perfect, so start and end
times are really given for these time zones. Can I load this xml file into
the database? (Apparently not :)).

3. This one is not a problem, I'm just looking for suggestions: I'm in Belgium
now and download most of the data with jxmltv and the three BBC channels with
tv_grab_uk_rt. Is there an elegant way to handle this situation (including
handling the different time zones)? What I do is run the two grabbers then
run mythfilldatabase on both outputs after each other.

Tom