[mythtv-users] Help fixing Guide Data Sources

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 01:13:12 UTC 2006

On 08/02/06, Bill Bradley <williambradley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Like some of you , I purchased a subscription to lxmsuite to help the
> project.  Now that lxm is dead, I cannot change my program guide data source
> back to zap2it.  Everytime I run mythtv-setup it segfaults after clear
> channel setting.  I am now out of guide data.  Is there a way that I can
> edit a file or a place in the db to put my settings back to zap2it without
> having to completely reinstall?

On my XMLTV-based system (i.e. not zap2it) the grabber(s) used is/are
stored in the 'videosource' table in the database, for each video
source you have. This is then referenced by the 'cardinput' table so
that a video source is attached to each card input. I'm not sure if
the same mechanism is used for non-XMLTV-based grabbers.

Nick