[mythtv-users] Anyone have a CX8800-based capture cardworkingin MythTV?

Andrew Chuah hachuah at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:59:06 UTC 2006

Don,

That looks correct to me. If you have sound and video synced, during
Watch TV, you're doing the correct thing. As for the jerking, there
are a few options you can pursue:

1. Check DMA is enabled. hdparm -d /dev/hd...
2. Change encoding to RT-JPEG, which produces larger files but takes less CPU.
3. Reduce bitrate/resolution of your recording.

You can check your CPU usage using top.