[mythtv-users] VMWare and MythTV

Charles H. Chapman ccmail at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 8 22:09:06 UTC 2006

> I agree the earlier comment that you just shouldn't try it.  I am in
> AU with gyprock walls as thin as paper, and a fairly decent wireless
> range otherwise, but mythTV over wifi does suck.
>
> All you guys that have success, are you running pure MPEG2 recordings
> over the WiFi as that is what I have.

Yep, plain old MPEG2 (what the PVR-250 spits out) and I did not have to
decrease the bit rate or quality of the capture.  Like I said, most
applications can tolerate latentcy due to TCP retries but video transmission
can't.  Drop the wireless bit rate to the point where retransmissions are
never needed and you should be all set.

Chuck