[mythtv-users] Question about PVR 350 Video out

scott scottc7l at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 8 20:38:38 UTC 2006

Thanks David
A little closer attention to the details and I got it working.

The issue was one line in the modprobe.conf.  I was missing the
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv line

It does not show in the example output in the install guide for the 350
on wilsonet.  it says to just append the line for ivtv e/g

alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv    <<<< this line not in example
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
ivtv-fb

The guide says:

Users of the PVR-350 will need an additional line if they want to enable
TV-Out, so their modprobe.conf additions should look like this:

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv