[mythtv-users] Cable Box and Video Capture Card

cweisiger@i-55.com cweisiger at i-55.com
Wed Feb 8 17:19:50 UTC 2006

I have a pvr-350 in my system to record tv of course..
I also have a cable box.

I am going to split my cable line so i can hook one cable line
straight to my pvr-350 and the other to my cable box which
i would then also hook to my mythtv system.

I of course am wanting to do this so i can record a channel
while watching another one at the same time..

Ill be using my cable box so i can record any premium channel.

Could i get away with just using a basic video capture card,
or do i need to use a tv tuner card(ex: pvr-250, pvr-150)
with the cable box, in cases when myth needs to change channels
on the cable box.

I keep thinking that i could just use a regular basic video capture
card for this purpose.