[mythtv-users] Problems with 1920x1080 display

Patrick A. Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Wed Feb 8 14:52:13 UTC 2006

Is anyone else experiencing this?  If I set my X resolution to 1920x1080
on my combined frontend/backend, mythfrontend starts fine (displays the
menu, you can make selections, etc.), but when I attempt to watch a
recording or live tv the system hangs and has to be reset.  If I have
the resolution set at 720x480 everything works fine (those are the 2
resolutions my display supports).

System information
myth svn (it has been doing this for a long time, just getting around to
fixing it)
AMD 3000+ running Debian SID for AMD-64
nVidia GeForce 6600 (using the native component video output)

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"