[mythtv-users] Add sleep function to TV?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Feb 8 13:43:58 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>> And here the rest of us spend a time trying to stop Linux
>>from turning off the monitor.  DPMS should do this for you.
>>
> True, but the the force is strong with the WAF.  They are very
> good with Jedi mind tricks. ;)

Well said.  She needs a button, not anything automatic, ironically
enough.  Plus, I've got DPMS disabled because I don't want the
monitor going to sleep after 45 or 90 (whatever timeout) minutes
all the time.

Heck, I'm even open to a remote that would do this, not necessarily
something within Linux.

Paul