[mythtv-users] Add sleep function to TV?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Feb 8 13:23:51 UTC 2006

Not necessarily MythTV, but pretty much related.
And this is probably the best group of folks to
solve this problem.
I'm considering buying an lcd monitor that does not
have a "sleep" function, while my current TV does.
My wife says that I can't get a new monitor without
being able to put it to sleep.

I don't care if I'm playing a recording that continues
after the monitor powers off, because the sound will
be coming through the speakers in the monitor, which
will stop once the monitor goes off.  I did verify this
by hooking my laptop up to it, playing a movie and turning
the monitor off.  I just don't know what I can do to
power the monitor off in, say, 30 minutes.

Thanks,
Paul