[mythtv-users] www.mythtv.org updates

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 05:31:52 UTC 2006

Chris,

> As for activity, though I admit that the main page lacks flare, anyone
> familiar with open source who wants to know how active a project is
> should really check the commits list, or even the trac timeline page:

 I am not sure that is the attitude to be taking. Although I agree
with the sentiment that people should be looking at things more
closely and taking a look at the timeline pages etc., many of MythTV's
users are first time opensource-first time linux users who are
attracted to what they have heard MythTV can do.

If I went to the mythtv.org without any prior knowledge of OSS or
Linux, I would certainly tink the project had died out. (like iPod
linux.)

A dynamic webpage (even a version update, or last updated line) would
be fantastic, a regularily updated webpage with editors etc. would be
better.

I nominate me. (only half-joking), but it would be nice to see things
updated more often.

sincerely,
david

ps. mythtv.org, mythtv.org/wiki, svn.mythtv.org/trac/timeline,
svn.mythtv.org/wiki ... confusing. no way anyone would/should have to
figure out where to get the latest news.