[mythtv-users] x86_64 and forcedeth

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Feb 8 05:08:04 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 23:14 -0500, Michael Haan wrote:
> Ok, and I'm hoping to have similar success if I can move to that.  My
> problem is that I can't seem to find a way to install FC4 x86_64, and
> then get networking working so I can upgrade everything over the net.

So walk us through the steps...
1. Insert FC4 x86_64 CD #1
2. Boot CD
3. Go through the installation

Does the installation complete?  If so, then when you login at the end,
do 'lsmod' and display the output here.  If you do 'ifconfig -a' does it
list an eth0 device?  What about if you do a 'modprobe forcedeth'
followed by another 'ifconfig -a' after that?  Details, details.  We
need details!

	-I