[mythtv-users] XvMC and opengl problems

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Wed Feb 8 05:03:15 UTC 2006

Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> On 2/7/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>>

>>> Version of nvidia's driver past 7676 reportedly have XvMC problems.  Try 7676.
>>>

>> OpenGL vsync problems, not XvMC problems.
>>

> I've seen messages saying that XvMC is broken in recent drivers.
> Possibly I was combining that with the OpenGL vsync problem to say
> 7676.  I've seen a lot of people recommend using 7676 as the last
> version where everything was working.
>
> -Jerry

I must be doing something else wrong.... I removed the old nvidia
drivers "nvidia-installer --uninstall", installed 7676, rebuilt mythtv
again against this version and bam... Nothing changes. I can't enable
OpenGL-Vsync no matter what, and I can't have XvMC run without eating
all of the CPU with OpenGL-Vsync on or off. In fact, I can't even turn
off vsync.

Its just the same message every time even if I
update settings set data = 0 where value = 'UseOpenGLVSync' and hostname
= 'mythtv'; (BTW, I had to manually add that record since I didn't have it)

nVidiaVideoSync: VBlank ioctl did not work, unimplemented in this driver?
2006-02-07 21:02:19.331 DRMVideoSync: Could not open device
/dev/dri/card0, No such file or directory
2006-02-07 21:02:19.331 RTCVideoSync: Could not set RTC frequency,
Permission denied.
2006-02-07 21:02:19.332 Using video as timebase
2006-02-07 21:02:19.333 Video timing method: USleep with busy wait

Am I supposed to be using SVN for this stuff or something? I don't have
this mythical enable/disable OpenGLVsync button that people speak of and
I'm on 0.18.1. I thought they were saying that the new myth was going to
be out last week or something but I guess that was just say-say because
I havn't seen it.

If it means anything, my card is a ti4600.

-Mike