[mythtv-users] x86_64 and forcedeth

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:07:30 UTC 2006

On 2/6/06, Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade my myth box to use the x86_64 version of FC4, also
> hoping to get kernel 2.6.15.  I'm having issues getting the network to
> work.  I've had issues before with this card (an integrated nvidia
> controller) before with x86_64 Gentoo, but various successes with other
> distros (SuSE, FC4 x86 Kanotix 64, etc).  My question is, is anyone aware of
> issues with using forcedeth on 64 bit versions of various distros?

Ok, maybe if I could figure out what to download from ATRPMS to turn my fc4
x86_64 installed kernel into 2.6.14 or 15 I could work around this.  I tried
downloading and installing one of the kernel rpm's using rpm -i but some
dependency failed.  So, the contest is:  Who can give me the easiest way to
take a plain fc4 x86_64 install (which gives you 2.6.11) using an nforce
integrated nic which does work (just not under this install) and get me up
so I can use Jarod's guide to install myth.  Anyone?