[mythtv-users] nuvexport query..

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 00:04:17 UTC 2006

On 2/8/06, Christopher Friend <christopher_friend at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Just what my new manual's for :o)

Yeah I read over your manual, very good (as per my other post in the thread)

> http://www.inaudible.co.uk/nuvexport/index.php?ResAndRatio
>
> Lots of info there, but I'd suggest:
>
> Play the original .nuv file in MPlayer or Xine, it should show you what's
> really there and what's not.

I might give that a go and see what it says. I'd really like to export
the footage and keep.

> It sounds like it might be a 4:3 ratio video in a 16:9 format, so the
> original file has black borders to the right and left. In which case, keep
> the original or default width for the movie and change the height when you
> run nuvexport.

This can be done by sending suitable switches correct? I will check it
out tonight and let you know how I go.

> If not, changing the force_aspect option in the nuvexportrc file might help.
> More info is in the manual linked above.

I've forced the aspect option using both 4:3 and 16:9 however then the
output file is higher then its wide and thus it looks longish (with
black borders on the left and right).