[mythtv-users] HD1080i or HD480i? 6600 Component out

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 7 23:49:04 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:

>your native mode is essential 1280x720, also known as 720p. You should
>try and get the modeline your EDID prints and go from there. I have a
>feeling the extra resolution may be to alow for the 1280x720p to be
>displayed with no noticeable overscan.

And, note that Myth will scale the image to fit within the screen.  So,
even though you have SDTV that you recorded at 720x480, when you play it
back in Myth, it will be scaled according to the MythTV settings (i.e.
usually full screen, but it could be GUI size).  You made a comment
about switching to 480i so an SDTV show would take up the whole screen,
but this is unnecessary since Myth scales the SDTV to full
screen--whatever resolution that is.

Mike