[mythtv-users] request xorg.conf file for DVI out to HD

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 21:29:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 12:35:44PM -0800, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> I am setting up a new mythbox, and have a 5200 fx card in it which I
> will be connecting to my HD tv via dvi-hdmi converter.  My tv is
> capable of 1080i.  Can someone who has a similar setup please share
> their xorg.conf file with me?  I have a feeling that what I have is
> not what I will need.

I have a FX5200 with DVI to my rear-projection TV, but these things
are display-specific. You are looking for someone with the same TV you
have. Otherwise it is unlikely to be the best configuration.

> Also, before I plug it into my tv, I have it plugged into a dell lcd
> monitor via dvi.  Will I be able to use that xorg.conf file with the
> monitor or will it screw things up?

You can use the same xorg.conf file, but you will need to comment out
different sections depending on which display is connected at the time
(e.g., have one Screen section for your monitor, and another Screen
section for your TV, and enable the appropriate one before rebooting
your computer for the new display).

--Rob