[mythtv-users] DVB#0 ERROR - Could not find dvb tuning parameters for transport 0

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 17:29:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 08:15:24AM -0800, yan seiner wrote:
> Robert Tsai wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 07:17:49AM -0800, Yan Seiner wrote:
> >>I'm making somewhat haltering progress....
> >>
> >>I've got analog TV setup; now I'm trying to set up my pcHDTV...
> >>Using dvb, I get the following error when the backend starts:
> >>
> >>2006-02-07 07:07:57.409 New DB connection, total: 3
> >>2006-02-07 07:07:57.412 DVB#0 ERROR - Could not find dvb tuning parameters for transport 0
> >>2006-02-07 07:07:57.412 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for
> >>channel 282.
> >>
> >>From googling, this appears to be due to some channel
> >>misconfiguration, but I've been all through that and I can't figure
> >>out what the problem is....  I've run mythfilldatabase, the channels
> >>are there, the card can receive via dvb-utils, etc....
> >
> >Have you re-run mythtv-setup and done a channel scan for your new
> >card, or imported your channels.conf?
>
> I've re-run mythtv-setup several times....

And you scanned for channels on the HD-3000 card? There should be scan
results telling you what channels it was able to find.

After that, as mentioned earlier, you need to properly configure a
starting channel for the HD-3000 card (also in mythtv-setup).

> I've set up two accounts with zap2-it, one for analog and one for
> digital.  AFAICT, both have been imported and mythfilldatabase runs
> fine....

Mythfilldatabase has nothing to do with it. All it does is download
stuff from zap2it. It isn't going to set up your channels for you.

> >From googling about, perhaps mythtv won't see channels with a '.'?
> >For example, I have analog 28, and digital 28.1 and digital 28.2. I
> >can get analog 28 fine with the bt878 card and mythtv, but I can't
> >get 28.1 or 28.2 using the pcHDTV...
>
> Following a google discussion, I tried renaming 28.2 to 282 but no
> joy....

That's not it; my digital channels have '.' in them and everything
works fine.

--Rob