[mythtv-users] Program Guide, DVD burning, and fast forwarding (rewinding)

David Schmidt david.schmidt.in.dallas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:40:17 UTC 2006

1.  These are all user level questions and should not have been
crossposted to the dev list.  There's a few folks over there that get
quite testy about that.

2.  I can't help with the other 2, but as far as:

On 2/7/06, Joshua Fechner <phekno at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've searched through the archive for this problem and haven't found a
> solution.  When I'm watching live TV and select "Program Guide" from the
> menu that pops up when I hit the info key, it overlays the program guide
> over the TV transparently and is off center.  I've tried changing several
> settings but haven't noticed any change in it's behavior.  I'm guessing that
> I'm supposed to see the full program guide with video in the upper right
> hand corner of my screen but this is not what I see.  I'm currently running
> MythTV 0.18.1 on FC4.  My tuner card is a PVR-350 which I'm also using as
> the output to my TV.
[rest snipped]

Not sure what you mean by "off center," but unless it's hideously so,
that's working as designed.  The guide with video in a window is how
it works for software decoding.  The 350 (hardware decoding) does an
overlay like you see.  I think it's a hardware limitation.

Somewhere in your 350 frontend setup (I'm not near my machine right
now) is an "alpha" value you can play with to make the video/guide
more/less pronounced in comparison to the other.  It gave too much
weight to the video by default for my tastes, so I've set it such that
the video is just a faint watermark behind the graphics.

HTH!!!!

DS