[mythtv-users] Fedora 4 and Hard-Drive Setup for Myth TV

Mark Golledge markgolledge at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:42:33 UTC 2006

I wondered whether it would be possible to get your thoughts on how to setup
Myth TV on Fedora 4.

I've got 3 hard drives:

A: NTFS (20Gb) currently running Windows (which I'd like to keep, for the
timebeing anyway) - 1 partition only
B: NTFS (40Gb) no OS but has 15GB media files currently - 1 partition only
C: Hard drive (40Gb) currently shows RAW in Windows (and therefore no files)
but has successfully loaded on Fedora 4 (should this be the case?) - 1
partition only

Fedora 4 works although it can't see hard drives A and B.

I know for Myth TV the hard drive space isn't going to be enough but I'd
like to get something up and running before I add or replace drives. My
questions are therefore:

- Do I need to add partitions to any of the drives?
- Is it ok to keep windows on one drive and linux on another?
- How can I get C drive to not show RAW in Windows (is this because there is
only 1 partition which has linux installed?)
- Can I save MythTV files to both the B and C drives? I'm sure I've read
somewhere about Fedora 4 only being able to read (not write) NTFS files.

Thanks for your help.