[mythtv-users] PVR 350. Screen too big sor X.

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 7 12:04:19 UTC 2006

--- "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Sdk wrote:
>
> >On 2/6/06, Thomas Nötges <Thomas.Noetges at web.de>
> wrote:
> >

> >>using my PVR as a video-card I am able to run X on
> the television.
> >>Unfortunately the screen is cut so that I cannot
> see the whole desktop.
> >>I tried different modelines in my Xor.conf  but
> the PVR 350 (I think
> >>perhaps IVTV?) seems not to react. Does anyone
> know a solution?
> >>
> >>I fitted the MythTV dimensions to the screen and
> run mplayer with the
> >>-fs option. For using MythTV this is a good thing,
> for working with X it
> >>does not really help ;-(.
> >>

> >Unfortunately, that behavior is the same for all
> owners of the PVR350.
> >There's nothing that can be done about that right
> now.
> >

> I wouldn't say, "There's nothing that can be done
> about that right
> now."  I got an NVIDIA GF4MX440 and it solved the
> problem.  ;)
>
> Now, you could say, "There's nothing that can be
> done about that right
> now if you want to continue to use the TV out on
> your PVR-350, which
> doesn't support XvMC, OpenGL, output to anything
> with newer than 50-year
> old technology (i.e. non-NTSC outputs like
> VGA/DVI/etc.)."

Right now 350 modelines can't be changed but this
should be possible at some point but at the moment i
don't have much time and it's not high on my list so
the code isn't likely to appear in the next month or
so.
One solution is to run a desktop manager that supports
virtual desktops smaller than the X image which i
believe some do support.

John