[mythtv-users] VMWare and MythTV

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 7 07:55:03 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Dastrup" <jc at dastrup.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:13 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] VMWare and MythTV

On Monday 06 February 2006 5:03 pm, Steve Daniels wrote:
> [...]

"absoultely perfect"?  Even HDTV playback?

If I had an HD content to throw at it, I'd be more welcome to try, but since
it probably takes less than half an hour to set up a VMWare mythfrontend,
you'd think more people would bother to try it.

Step 1. Install VMWare
Step 2. Creat a new Virtual Machine
Step 3. Attach a knoppmyth iso to the virtual cdrom on the machine.
Step 4. Press power on.
Step 5. Have fun.

Anyone with HD like to give it ago?

Or tell me how to "simulate" HD?