[mythtv-users] MythTV Compile Options

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Feb 7 03:38:00 UTC 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2006, at 5:16 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Brian Wood wrote:
>
> <Snipped for Brevity>
>
>> Just turn off OpenGL vsync with a setting in 0.18-fixes or higher and
>> turn on XvMC.
>>
>> Mike
>
> OK, Gentoo's "Ebuild" system can be your friend or your enemy :-) I
> need to find the correlation between Gentoo's "USE" flags and the
> config options, but you have certainly pointed me in the correct
> direction. Thanks as always.

In case this might help others:

It turns out that the amd64 architecture running in 64-bit mode
supports sse and sse2 but *not* mmx. It does support mmx if running
in 32-bit mode.

This is in spite of the fact that /proc/cpuinfo claims mmx support.

The Gentoo E-Build is aware of this fact, and will prevent MythTV
being built with mmx support on an amd64 CPU.

Like I said, E-Build can be your friend or your enemy, in this case
it was the former.