[mythtv-users] PVR 350. Screen too big sor X.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 7 00:26:37 UTC 2006

Sdk wrote:

>On 2/6/06, Thomas Nötges <Thomas.Noetges at web.de> wrote:
>

>>using my PVR as a video-card I am able to run X on the television.
>>Unfortunately the screen is cut so that I cannot see the whole desktop.
>>I tried different modelines in my Xor.conf  but the PVR 350 (I think
>>perhaps IVTV?) seems not to react. Does anyone know a solution?
>>
>>I fitted the MythTV dimensions to the screen and run mplayer with the
>>-fs option. For using MythTV this is a good thing, for working with X it
>>does not really help ;-(.
>>

>Unfortunately, that behavior is the same for all owners of the PVR350.
>There's nothing that can be done about that right now.

I wouldn't say, "There's nothing that can be done about that right
now."  I got an NVIDIA GF4MX440 and it solved the problem.  ;)

Now, you could say, "There's nothing that can be done about that right
now if you want to continue to use the TV out on your PVR-350, which
doesn't support XvMC, OpenGL, output to anything with newer than 50-year
old technology (i.e. non-NTSC outputs like VGA/DVI/etc.)."

Mike