[mythtv-users] Hauppauge MediaMVP

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Feb 6 19:46:47 UTC 2006

> I extended libcmyth, but I also added some cutting to the
> beginning and end of the recordings manually to figure out
> how the recordedmarkup factored in to the skipping.
>
> Since I knew that there was always at least a 5 second
> cut at the beginning and the end of a recording, that allowed
> me to figure out the offset.  It was a bit of a kludge and I
> wasn't happy with having to manually edit every show, but
> it worked pretty good.  Since the mvp is in the kid's area,
> I only worried about the pre- and post- cutting on their
> shows.
>
> I did notice on longer recordings it didn't work as well,
> so sometimes I started to skip a bit late (or early) and
> resumed playing a little bit too early (or late).

So, does your commercial skip only work for beginnings and endings OR
does it work on commercials in the shows as well, just not as well?

Since you obviously know pretty well how this stuff works, how difficult
would it be to enable another button on the remote to do a longer skip,
say like a 2 minute skip? Or even better, something user configurable?

Thanks,
James