[mythtv-users] Help with a semi-busted hard drive (with all my recordings)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Feb 6 19:12:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 07:33:26PM -0800, Kristo Kriechbaum wrote:
> I picked one up myself, and lo and behold the logic board was _exactly_ the
> same.  I was surprised given I bought my drive over a year ago.  I swapped
> the board with my busted one, and the drive seems to be fine now.  Now to
> figure out whether to buy a huge new drive, or still try to figure out what
> the capacitor value is.

Seagate are my heros.  Me personally, I would copy the data to still a
third drive, swap the logic boards back, RMA the dead drive (which is
almost certainly still in warranty), and move the data back to the new
Seagate.  But if you're going to RMA it, you need to make sure the
bubble and the logic board are synchronized; I believe they're both
serial numbered.

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?