[mythtv-users] Second Monitor

Chris Hembrow chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net
Mon Feb 6 18:59:21 UTC 2006

I think you're misunderstanding my requirements, I don't want 2
independent frontends. Let's start again:

I have a front end with 2 monitors attached. I want to be able to use
either monitor to control THE SAME mythfrontend. One of these monitors
is being driven by a really old, crappy 8mb pci graphics card, with no
hardware decoding. Because of this, I don't want tv/video outputting
to this screen, but I still want to be able to tell myth to play tv. I
realise this last is slightly redundant, but I have reasons.

basically, i'm planning on trying to turn the second monitor into a
small touchscreen, on the front of my case, and outputting video to
this would be pretty pointless. If it is not possible to disable
video/tv, then I'll have to come up with an alternative solution