[mythtv-users] Runaway kacpid and Commercial Scans

dfleming@swings.2y.net dfleming at swings.2y.net
Mon Feb 6 18:19:03 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm running a cvs version barely pre v.18.1 and it has been rock stable
for quite some time now; it uses a PVR-250.  Recently I recorded
something unusually long, roughly 4 hours, and as is typical after the
recording it began to scan for commercials.  However after scanning for
a while the system began to crawl.  Using top I found that kapcid was
hogging the CPU.

I'm not sure if the commercial scan is the cause, but it is definitely
the trigger.  Has anyone else had this problem?

---Dan

System Specs: 2.8ghz Celeron, 512MB Ram, 512MB Swap.