[mythtv-users] Second Monitor

Chris Hembrow chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net
Mon Feb 6 16:36:18 UTC 2006

I don't want it to play video, because it is going to be driven by a
very low spec video card, in order to get smooth video playback I
would need a card with a hardware decoder. If I didn't have the
hardware decoder, then the cpu would be being used to play jerky
video.

look at this case:
http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/pName/silverstone-lascala-sstlc18-wtouchscreen-black
this is the effect I am trying to replicate. it's a bit pointless
playing video on the front touchscreen, but a nice interface for just
setting things quickly.

I just want the mythfrontend on the LCD to be a replication of the
main myth, so that you can use either easily. If I have a second X
session for music/scheduling only mythfrontend, then which session
does my remote control? a duplication means there are no issues with
confusing the missus when she's trying to work this.

quite often I use the myth box to listen to music on headphones while
the missus watches soap (shock, horror, through the tv, not myth!!).
if i want to change to a different album, I have to get her to change
channel while I look for something else to listen to. All I want to do
is be able to change this, but not have to worry about which instance
of mythfrontend the remote is controlling etc...