[mythtv-users] MythTV and Satellite

Cyber Source peter at cybersource.us
Mon Feb 6 13:22:42 UTC 2006

Hello All,
  Can someone give me a clue as to how to understand MythTV using
Satellite as your tuning source? I have been using MythTV for years now
and have set it up multiple times for people, all using cable TV as the
tuning source, all OK. I however, don't really understand how to proceed
with it. I have already gone to zap2it.com and changed the lineup to use
the correct satellite and the changed the mythtv config accordingly, and
all the proper stations show in my menu, etc, that bit is all OK. I am
using this with an AverMedia M179 card with NO remote. I have a
connection off the satellite receiver that connects to the back of the
TV card (coax) and if the TV card is set for channel 3 (MythTV), I can
see whatever is selected by the satellite receiver on the TV card via
MythTV (change the channel on the satellite receiver, changes what's
being viewed by the TV card on channel 3). How does this work if I want
to record something? The only station that is viewable via MythTV is
channel 3 and this is what the satellite receiver is set to. If I change
the satellite receiver, I can change what is being viewed on Myth but
how does one record? Can someone please give some clues as to proceed?
Thanks in advanced, Peter (confused ;))