[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend will not connect to backend

Art Fore art.fore at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 21:37:54 UTC 2006

If I execute as user, mythbackend in a console window. Everything was
find. I wanted to set it up to run automatically but yast run level
editor complained and would not start it. I checked
the /var/localmessages file and found it was looking for mythtv user. I
added mythtv as a user and now have it started with yast, but I cannot
start the frontend, probably because of user permissions. I don't want
to have to login as mythtv to use the frontend. Is there any solution to
this? /etc/init.d/mythbackend script mentions $MYTH_CONF but could not
find this file.

Art