[mythtv-users] Questions before my LUG's mythtv buildout

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 18:50:33 UTC 2006

Aloha,

My LUG, LUAU, here in Hawaii is going to have a mythtv build out in a couple
of weeks. -
http://lists.hosef.org/pipermail/luau/2006-February/016836.html

So far I have purchased two Hauppauge PVR-150's ($49.99 ea) and two 200GB
Maxtor drives ($39.99 ea).

A few questions:

1.What is the best way to get the video out?  Should I get a PVR-350 and
return one of the 150's?   Another option might be to get a mobo with a
composite video out.  Is there an inexpensive card I should get to handle
the video out?  Will a 150 & 350 work in the same box?  I got the two150's
b/c want to be able to record two shows and watch another one at the same
time.

2.Does the knpopp-mythtv distro support RAID during the setup?   Or would
that have to be a tweak.  I would like to set up a striped arrray for speed
& size.

3.Should I expect the remote from the 150 work with mythtv?

4.Does anyone have a good case they can recommend.  I am going to ditch my
replaytv and would like a similar form factor case.  All the ones at my
local compusa are too fat.

Aloha,
Matt