[mythtv-users] pvr 350 +tuner +ivtv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 5 13:40:47 UTC 2006

On 02/04/2006 12:35 AM, Marc Tousignant wrote:
>> From:  Art Fore
>>
>> When I do a dmesg | grep ivtv, it shows type 47 tuner and shows
>> everything loading properly.

>> dmesg | grep ivtv is below

Using "grep ivtv" cuts out some of the most important information (like
what tuner type you actually have, as opposed to what type you've set).

> This is something that should be talked about in the IVTV mailing list.

Agreed.

> As much as I want to help I do not see anything wrong in your dmesg. Your
> provided grep matches my grep with 2 differences, 1 I'm using 0.4.2 and 2
> mine does not have the line "i2c-algo-bit.o: ivtv i2c driver #0 passed
> test." In it at all.
>
> Here is my full, non greped, IVTV section for comparison.

And this is what the OP should provide.  If you don't feel like doing
the "manual" scanning of the log file, you can run:

tac /var/log/messages |
sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
        /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
tac

Mike