[mythtv-users] AC97 in only one speaker

Tom Burt benefici at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 5 13:38:22 UTC 2006

I have found the solution to this problem. Apparently, this is a bug in ALSA
and is corrected in alsa-lib 1.0.11rc2. I have alsa 1.0.9 (shipped with Suse
10), but could also fix the problem manually with
amixer cset iface=MIXER,name='Capture Source' 4,4
as described on the page
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1658
See also
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-419490-highlight-tvtime.html?sid=3Df82=272705902547b836ee23b66418268
which contains the reference to the bug above.
Tom