[mythtv-users] PVR-350 +Comcast

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Feb 5 09:47:09 UTC 2006

On Feb 5, 2006, at 12:26 AM, Art Fore wrote:

> I done a rmmod ivtv and then a modprobe ivtv. Dmesg showed it didnt
> initialize. I rebooted, then tried again, it worked. Went back into
> mythby and the video was an order of magnitude better. Brightness,
> contrast, and color were all good.

You must have got them changed somehow playing aroung with manually
controlling the card. As I said, I've never had to move from the
defaults.

> Also found that I can right-click on /dev/video0 in Konqueror and open
> with Mplayer. Works fantastic just for viewing. Still have to
> use ./ptune-ui.pl to set the channels though.

Makes sense, the card outputs a mpeg-2 stream which mplayer should
have no problem with.

Once you have your channel lineup etc. set up MythTV should take care
of all tuning, until then it doesn't know what chanels you have.

> At last getting there slowly.

Sure seems that way.

> New question, How can I change the mythtv window to not cover the full
> screen? Screen is 1024X768 but would like it not to take the whole
> thing.

In frontend's "setup" then "screen settings" there are several things
that will help you do this. A "run frontend in window"  checkbox, and
some settings that allow you to set both the size and the offset of
the GUI, between them you can set it up the way you want.

> Also, how can I set the aspect ratio from a 2 (4:3) to 3(16:9) without
> having to use ivtvctrl -c aspect=3 all of the time?

See the above.