[mythtv-users] PVR-350 +Comcast

Art Fore art.fore at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 06:21:10 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 23:07 -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2006, at 9:58 PM, Art Fore wrote:
>

> > What do you mean figure it out, all I am doing is getting more
> > confused.
> > Am not using the svideo or composite output. I am using the monitor
> > and
> > I thought mythv was using the mpeg output. If I record the output to a
> > file using cat /dev/video0 and view it with Kaffeine, it also is very
> > dark, so it must be from the PVR-350. I can play a DVD with
> > Kaffeine and
> > it is fine, but wintv is unuseable as it is now.
> >
> Guess I misunderstood your problem.
>
> MythTV does in fact use the mpeg output of the PVR card, there is no
> "raw" output available in fact.
>
> MythTV has adjustments to control the parameters (brightness,
> contrast, saturation etc.) of the recorded file. Hit the "G" key
> while watching TV. I don't think you'll see the changes on-screen, it
> only affects the resulting .nuv file. "F" brings up adjustments for
> playback picture parameters, as distinct from the recording parameters.
>
> I've never had to adjust these parameters, before you do you might
> check to be sure the problem exists on every channel, if it's just on
> one channel it's likely the source.

It is all channels and I have a normal tv (samsung LCD) in the room and
it is fine.

I finally found how to do the settings with ivtvctl and adjusted it as
best I could. Still no where near the quality of a normal tv. When I hit
the "G" key, it took everything away, so I had to go back to ivtvctl and
reset everything again. (good thing I saved the settings in a file). "F"
key does nothing.

Art