[mythtv-users] when to deinterlace?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 03:54:42 UTC 2006

> I'm running 0.18.1 with a PVR-350, NTSC, and an Nvidia
> 5200 for output to a TV via the SVid jack. Input
> is via RCA jacks/SVid.
>
> Should I be using deinterlace? Is that only necessary
> with coax connectors? What's the deal?

I am certainly no expert on this at all, but (I think) what I've
learnt from various threads on this in the past is that you only need
to deinterlace if you're sending the video to a PC monitor. For
viewing on a TV you only need interlaced.

Not sure which side of the fence things like LCD TVs sit, though.
Someone else may care to comment on that.

Hope this is at least partially right!
Phill