[mythtv-users] Directv h10

matt lutz myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 15:36:28 UTC 2006

Dave,

Sorry man - you can't record HD through a directv receiver.  Your only bet
is to get record OTA via an HD3000.

Are you in an area where you get the new HD mpeg4 streams?  If not, you must
already have an antenna setup, so it would fairly trivial to connect it into
an HD capture card.  Your frontend will have to have some decent horse-power
to play it though.  If you search through the archives you can find tons of
posts concerning the requirements to play HD.

Matt