[mythtv-users] streaming to windows (directly through myth)

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 11:17:16 UTC 2006

> > I think it can if you've installed the dsmyth filters.
>
> no it can't

Thanks for the detailed, analytical reply - you obviously thought long
and hard over it. Great effort.

Hate to say you're wrong, but I just played one on my Windows XP PC. I
have a drive mapped to a samba share on my MythTV box and I opened up
VLC on the Windows XP PC, dropped a MythTV recording onto it and it
played no problem. This file was a DVB-T MPEG2 recording transcoded to
MPEG4 by MythTV called 1003_20060202234500_20060203001500.nuv.

So - yes it can.

Regards,
Phill