[mythtv-users] annoying flickering effect

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Sat Feb 4 01:31:25 UTC 2006

Hi Guys,

I've spoken with a few people on the irc channel on freenode.
Even some Google research. But this "flickering effect" is
still annoying me :)

Basically, with Live TV or a Recorded Show, I'll get a
large flickering effect (black flickers) at the top of the
video.

It was suggested to try oversan, however this obscures the
video image and doesn't really solve it.

I've also (according to some Google research) tried changing
the number of capture lines in my recording profiles to 576
for PAL (Australia). They were 4xx

Can anyone suggest anything else ?

I'm running the latest version of mythtv with an ivtv PVR-150
card.

$ prt-get current mythtv
0.18.1-1

00:0a.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

$ prt-get current ivtv
0.4.0-2

cheers