[mythtv-users] mythbackend

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Feb 3 18:53:13 UTC 2006

Tucker Hermans wrote:

>I am using a Hauppauge WinTV Radio Model 401, The cx88xx kernel module.

I've got a Hauppage WinTV something or other based on the BT878 chipset,
using the bttv driver.  I also get good playback using xawtv...

I'm in the process now of adding a whole bunch of trace statements to
the channel and tv code, to see where the break occurs.  I suspect it is
something in channel config in the database, but without knowing what
causes the break it's a bit hard to guess.

I am seeing an ioctl error card resets with xawtv, which I am not seeing
with myth, so I also suspect it may be something along the lines of
semi-broken hardware that xawtv handles and myth does not.

--Yan