[mythtv-users] command line Myth

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 3 02:36:23 UTC 2006

> > record --channel 1 --start 200602071300 --length 120 --name "Battlestar Galactica" --options "do_it_every_week"
> >
> > So maybe the answer is to wait for 0.19, which according to the release
> > notes:
> >
> > "Added ability to control MythFrontend through a telnet socket"

> hate to dissapoint, but from my understanding, the "Added ability to
> control MythFrontend through a telnet socket" is more along the lines
> of connecting to the frontend via a telnet socket to do things like
> "up" "down" "enter" "play" "fast forward" "pause".

You need to read the link that someone posted then:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/166419

This is much more than simple keystuffing.  This includes commands
to explicitly control playback, you can give a command like
"play program 1010 2006-01-29T00:30:00" to play a specific
program, "play speed 1.10x" to turn on timestretch at 1.1x, etc..
After 0.19 is out, I'd like to add support for scheduling new recordings,
but am also debating just rolling that functionality into the perl MythTV
library that xris and I have both mentioned before and that I expect we'll
start working on and filling out after 0.19 is out.  There's no reason
for me to add the ability to schedule new recordings in the NetworkControl
stuff if you can do it via a perl script on the command line.
The current NetworkControl code is a much more enhanced version of what
MythWifi did, but without the Web interface (so far).  Several people have
mentioned working on adding code to MythWeb to work with the NetworkControl
socket to allow controlling mythfrontend via MythWeb.  You could click on
a recording and it would start playing, and other things.

--
Chris