[mythtv-users] XF86Config-4 changes vt7 how do I change vt1-6?

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Thu Feb 2 17:32:29 UTC 2006

I know how to get to those consoles.  The problem is that the resolution
for ctrl+alt+f[1-6] is unusable.  I need to scale it down, or at least
tell it to have a 50 pixel border on all sides.  My change to
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 makes ctrl+alt+f7 usable.  What do I do to change
the resolution for the others?

Chad wrote:
> On 2/1/06, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
>
>>  It sure would be nice to be able to jump to a terminal that was viewable.
>>  I've got this vim /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 thing down, but I don't know where
>> to start for the 6 regular terminals.
>>
>>  Please advise.
>>
>>  --
>> Thank you for your time,
>> --==<< R i c h a r d B r o n o s k y >>==--
>>

> I don't know if this is what you are asking, but:
>
> If you:
>
> CTRL + ALT + F[1-6]
>
> You can switch between the different "regular terminals".  I call em
> consoles to differentiate between a terminal in an x session and these
> existing consoles.
>
> Chad

Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

I may have missed the answer there, in which case, please point out the article to me, but don't say "check forum X."

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.