[mythtv-users] command line Myth

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 2 15:09:14 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 1:42, Vincent Yau wrote:
> Hi:
>
> i am looking for a way to record TV shows using myth but I would
> invoke the recording from command line (and not from mythfrontend).
> So I issue a Linux command with the appropriate
> parameters and it would enter a recording
> with the given start/end time.
>
> Is there a way to do so?  I try to dissect the mysql schema
> for myth and I tried adding a record to the table "record" but
> nothing happens.
>
> Any tip much appreciated.

Take a look at tvwish.  It's a set of Perl scripts that automatically
inserts record rules into your schedule.  It's meant to be run manually
or via cron.  I'm not sure how it works; it might be as simple as
inserting the record rules into the database directly, then forcing
mythbackend to re-run the scheduler.  At the very least it should give
you some ideas of how to do what you want.

http://www.templetons.com/brad/myth/tvwish.html

-JAC