[mythtv-users] Requesting help for a TV out display problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 2 05:17:02 UTC 2006

Joe Q. wrote:

>Thanks for helping me fix my problem....
>
>I am not sure where that line came from, but I think it was added when I
>ran nvidia's X config tool. I looked back over my backup xorg.conf files
>and did not find the "Display Size" specified in any of them. At any
>rate, I followed your instructions and my video is now full screen.

Yeah.  I was just surprised at the values.  With those values, and since
you seemed to be using 800x600 video, you would have been telling X to
use 47dpi horizontally and 12dpi vertically on your 17in wide by 50in
tall TV set...  :)  (Granted, with Myth, we want to lie about the size
of the TV to ensure we get 100dpi, but those are some really strange
values and closer to a 1:3 aspect ratio than a standard 4:3.)

>I can not thank you enough for your help as I was at a total loss. I owe
>you a beer if you ever get to Sarasota, Fl. :)

Hmmm.   Not too far away from Melbourne, FL...  ;)

Enjoy,
Mike