[mythtv-users] HDTV Hardware Question

Tony Enriquez t_enriquez at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 23:44:39 UTC 2006

I'm planning on building a new myth box to support a
DCT6412 set top box.  I confirmed through the cable
company the 6412 will have the firewire port enabled
and plan on using that to feed standard and high
definition signals to the myth box.  If I am using the
IEEE1394 port, I am assuming I don't need a tuner
card.  Is that assumption correct?

I'm also looking for information regarding
motherboard/processor/video card combinations which
would support a myth box with the DCT6412.  I have
been using FC4 on an older P4 2GHz/512MB with great
success but I don't think it will support HDTV.  Are
there users out there using the firewire input?  If
so, what is your hardware setup?  Thanks in advance.

Tony