[mythtv-users] Videos start in background only when using remote

Kirk Grell kirkgrell at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 21:58:40 UTC 2006

Ok, I didn't realize it had native support (even though I read it in
the Myth Docs).  Reason being is because I installed MythTV via
Jarod's Fedora HowTo and I presumed it was not compiled with lirc
support (because the remote wasn't working).  So, I went the irxevent
method.

So, when I turn off irxevent, MythTV is not picking up commands from
the remote.  How can I tell if MythTV was compiled with native lirc
support?  If I determine it wasn't compiled with it, is there an easy
way to get it added without having to recompile everything?  And if I
do have to recompile MythTV, what are the chances of it working even
though I previously installed MythTV via yum/smart?

Kirk